Τετάρτη 29 Ιουνίου 2016

Dual motor airplane , different output - fix

Hello friends.

I have setup a dual engine electric airplane, CL 415 , canadair - waterbomber.

Here's the setup

2x 1000kV motors 2212
2x 80A ESC
2x 10x4.5 propellers

4x common 9g servos
3S 4000mAh battery




Here's the problem:
As I start to increase throttle from 0%  the one motor spins while the other does not.
At around 30% of throttle the other motor starts to spin
so there is 30% throttle  difference between the two motors which creates huge horizontal torque  making the airplane really difficult to fly.

I thought that I could use a  flight controller  such as  CC3D but after  looking into it's software  I realized that it does not support 2 engine airplanes, or at least unmatched twin engine's.

So I star wondering around and reading how things work, and found a solution.
I had to calibrate the ESC's

I used a Y-cable, at the channel #3 of the receiver, powered on the esc's while having full throttle at the transmitter , and after motors started beeping, i decreased throttle to Zero - then full throttle.

ESCs Calibrated - Problem solved   (initially I thought that these ESC's  were hardcoded and could not get calibrated , but i was wrong)

:D

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου